There are so many options out there when it comes to investing in the QSR industry; you might not even know where to start looking! It’s essential to have a good understanding of an opportunity’s franchise investment requirements before committing to investing in a franchise. For example, you need to determine if you are a good fit for the franchise; if your ideals align. You should also be aware of the costs involved with investing in the franchise and the opportunities available for you to own more than one unit.
Founded in 1936, Shipley Do-Nuts is a community favorite. People just can’t get enough of our delicious donuts and signature kolaches. With 190 locations in Texas and a brand reach that is multiplying throughout the South, now is a great time to stake your claim. Here is a breakdown of our franchisee requirements.
Franchise Investment Requirements: Our Ideal Candidate
We’re proud that our offering appeals to a broad range of investors with experience in the quick-service restaurant (QSR) industry. We look for franchisee candidates wanting to bring an iconic brand to a new or evolving market. We love results-driven folks with an entrepreneurial spirit that lets them make the most of our time-tested business model.
Here are some of the qualities of our ideal franchisees:
- Our franchisees love people: People are the heart of the Shipley brand – from our customers to our loyal franchisees and corporate team members. We look for candidates who love people as much as we do!
- Our franchisees are excellent leaders: Part of owning a Shipley Do-Nuts is setting an example for others to follow. This is why we look for franchisees with solid leadership skills who are flexible, inclusive, and can think on their feet.
- Our franchisees are driven: Anyone in business knows how important it is to put in the work; you won’t succeed unless you’re passionate about what you do. A strong work ethic goes a long way when you are a multi-unit Shipley owner.
- Our franchisees are successful business owners: We like to see candidates with demonstrated success in QSR business ownership who can make sound judgments based on financial data while following our processes and procedures.
Our franchisees are committed business people with a drive to increase their chances of success with multi-unit ownership.
Multi-Unit Franchise Ownership With Shipley Do-Nuts
One of our investment requirements is that franchisees open at least three units when they join the Shipley family. This is part of our proven business model geared toward your success.
Multi-unit ownership carries multiple benefits and is associated with more significant income potential, reduced risk, cost reduction, and shared expertise. Our multi-unit franchise opportunities are popular investment options for franchise owners in the QSR space to expand their investment portfolios.
The Costs of Investing in a Franchise with Shipley Do-Nuts
At Shipley Do-Nuts, we strive to be transparent about our donut shop start-up costs. It’s the right way to do business, and well-informed, well-prepared franchisees better their chances for success. Here are our franchise investment costs:
- Initial franchise fee: $40,000
- Store equipment: $120,000 – $200,000
- Opening inventory: $7,500 – $25,000
- Leasehold improvements: $250,000 – $600,000
- Working capital for three months: $50,000 – $150,000
- Initial advertising: $5,000 – $10,000
With a three-store minimum commitment requirement, Shipley Do-Nuts offers a franchise opportunity with a donut franchise cost and growth potential that is ideal for investors like you!
Would you like to learn more about our multi-unit ownership opportunities? Contact us today to join the family and start your franchising journey with Shipley!!