So, what is multi-unit ownership? Multi-unit ownership offers unique donut franchise opportunities that allow investors to invest in more than one franchise unit, usually within the same geographical area. Franchise business models that prioritize multi-unit ownership have proven to be very successful endeavors for investors, here’s why:
- Increased income: This one is a no-brainer. When you purchase more than one franchise unit, say three, for instance, you are able to earn three times more than what you would by buying the rights for only one unit.
- Reduced costs: There are multiple ways that purchasing the rights to multiple units decreases costs. First, you might be eligible for financial incentives that come alongside purchasing more than one unit. Second, when you reach specific revenue targets, you might stand the chance to receive discounts on royalties payments. Third, you can reduce the cost of each unit by dispersing fixed costs across different locations.
- Skilled staff: Owning multiple units allows you to transfer skilled staff based on business needs to different locations, negating the need for training and allowing you to leverage the skills of your existing staff.
- Reduced risk: Multi-unit ownership reduces risk because of the diverse nature of the investment, which provides more opportunities for success.
Owning a donut shop with Shipley is a great way to diversify your portfolio with a three-store minimum investment requirement and many territories available for expansion.
Multi-Unit Ownership in North Carolina and Virginia
Based on demographic and competitive factors, Shipley’s proprietary research has identified specific target markets with great potential. North Carolina and Virginia are two of our target states and offer great opportunities for multi-unit ownership in these underserved markets. Smaller cities in these states have been marked as favorable for expansion, while cities inTexas, for example, represent a saturated market with a higher ratio of donut stores to population.
Available Markets in North Carolina:
Available Markets in Virginia:
- Newport News
- Virginia Beach
Here’s how you can start your Shipley journey.
Steps to Owning a Donut Shop Franchise with Shipley
Our streamlined operating system and flexible real estate options can maximize return on investment for experienced operators who want to expand their QSR portfolio. Follow our simple franchise ownership steps to join one of the leading donut franchises in the country:
- Complete the franchise application.
- Phone interview with our Franchise Director.
- Review our Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD).
- Attend the Shipley Do-Nuts Discovery Day.
- Prepare a business plan and complete your due diligence.
- Sign the franchise agreement and pay the franchise fee.
- Begin the site selection and lease negotiation processes.
- Start the construction phase.
- Schedule operations training.
- Complete construction and develop a marketing plan for the opening of your Shipley Do-Nuts store.
- Store opening.
- Repeat the process for additional locations.
With great opportunities for growth and success, Shipley is the ultimate QSR franchise opportunity for any investor looking to expand their portfolio with multi-unit ownership.
Are you interested in our multi-unit donut franchise opportunities? Contact us today to join the family and start your franchising journey!