How to Start a Do-Nut Business with Shipley Do-Nuts
If you’re wondering how to start a do-nut shop business with Shipley, we’re happy to say the process is transparent and straightforward and involves some informative steps. We’ve been helping folks just like you for over 85 years become part of our family, and whether you’re a first-time business owner or a seasoned investor, we’re excited to have you join us!
Here are some of the more important steps you’ll take to become a Shipley franchisee.
- Reach Out: It starts with a simple form fill on our website to let us know you’re interested. Once we receive your basic information, one of our franchise team members will reach out with a brief phone call to find out more about you and to make sure our goals and values align. If so, you’ll complete a more thorough franchise application.
- Speak to Our Franchise Director: While we’re reviewing your application and doing a background check, you’ll enjoy an informative phone call from our Franchise Director, who can answer all your questions about how to start a do-nut business with us and what kind of support you’ll enjoy along the way.
- Review Our FDD: Shipley will provide you with our Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) to review. An FDD is a very important document that goes over all aspects of your investment and that franchisors are required to have and make available to potential franchisees.
- Prepare a Business Plan: We’ll ask you to prepare an initial business plan that will outline your goals and the benchmarks you hope to hit. Remember, you’ll have our time-tested business model to help you navigate ownership!
- Attend a Discover Day: You’ll attend a fun and informative Discovery Day at our Houston, TX, headquarters, where you’ll meet our corporate team and find out more about how to start a do-nut business and the training and support you’ll enjoy as our
- Receive Committee Approval and Sign Your Franchise Agreement: Your Discovery Day is the last step before signing your franchise agreement and paying your one-time franchise fee. Welcome to the family! Now the real fun begins!
- Begin Site Selection and Construction: We’ll help you find, lease, and build out the perfect location for your new bakery, taking into account important considerations like demographics, traffic patterns, visibility, and more.
- Schedule Your Training: Your comprehensive pre-opening training will take place at a designated Shipley location, where we’ll go over all the day-to-day operations of your new store. You’ll leave fully prepared to take advantage of our robust industry!
- Open Your Store: Congratulations! You’re now open for business. Our corporate team will be on-site to assist with your grand opening, and you’ll be able to count on our ongoing support for the life of your franchise.